Friday, May 29, 2009

Why are you so expensive?


Often times people will ask me what I charge. Immediately after they say, "I know, if you have to ask you can't afford it." I'm very upfront with my pricing and put it on my website, including the cost of prints. I'm very suspicious of photographers (or any business) that is not upfront with this. The photographers who don't put their pricing will tell you over the phone that their sessions start at X amount and the prints start at $25. What they fail to tell you is that a 4x6 is $25. Or, they get you in the studio to display your portraits and when you can't resist any of them they then tell you about the $75 8x10. My pricing is very affordable, and quite frankly I should charge more. However, I want my clients to be able to have something nice they can cherish forever. So, I found an article on another blog, and I thought I'd share it with you so you can see the amount of time and energy that goes into custom portraiture and photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment